For OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9:
DiscLabel 6.4.1a [28.8 MB]
- Find the downloaded DiscLabel application.
Note: If you'd prefer to keep your old DiscLabel application, we recommend you rename it "DiscLabel 5".
- If you're using Safari with "Open 'safe' files after downloading" turned ON in Safari Preferences, you'll find the DiscLabel application in your Downloads folder (under Leopard) or on your Desktop (under Tiger).
- If you're using Safari with "Open 'safe' files after downloading" turned OFF in Safari Preferences, you'll find the DiscLabel .zip file in your Downloads folder (under Leopard) or on your Desktop (under Tiger). Double-click it to uncompress the DiscLabel application.
- If you are using another browser, you'll need to locate the DiscLabel .zip file. It may be in your Downloads folder (under Leopard), on your Desktop or in another location, depending on what is specified in your browser's preferences. Once you locate the .zip file, double-click it to uncompress the DiscLabel application.
- Move the new DiscLabel application from Downloads or Desktop to your Applications folder.
The download is a fully-operational free trial version of DiscLabel CD and DVD labeling software. It is identical to the purchased version, except that it stamps the word "Demo" on all printouts. The "Demo" stamp is removed from printouts once the product is purchased and the associated registration information is entered in the registration dialog.
TO INSTALL THE CLIP ART LIBRARY:
- Download Base Clip Art Library [12 MB]
Alternate download link
Download Additional Clip Art Collection 2 [ 1.7 MB ]
- Uncompress the downloaded .zip file by double-clicking on it.
- Drag the resulting folder of clip art to any location on your hard drive. The clip art will be found automatically and indexed by DiscLabel's built-in Spotlight module.
How to Buy
DiscLabel 6.x: $35.95
(Family Pack: $54.95, for up to 5 computers in one household)
- Buy now from our web store
- Buy from DiscLabel itself. Here are the steps:
- Select Purchase / Register / Upgrade ... from the DiscLabel menu.
- Click the Buy Now button.
- Fill in your info and credit card details, and click the "Checkout" button.
- Verify your order details, and click the "Submit Order" button.
- Your name and serial number are automatically registered with the product. You will also receive an email with your serial number. If you ever need to enter it manually, select Purchase / Register again, enter your name and serial number from the email and click the "Register" button.
Updates & Upgrades
Updates within a major version (i.e. from version 3.0 to 3.1) are free to registered users of that version number. Upgrades from a major version number (i.e. version 2 to 3) are charged an upgrade fee.
UPGRADING TO DISCLABEL 6.X FROM DISCLABEL 5.X (OR EARLIER)
You can upgrade to DiscLabel 6.x from DiscLabel 5.x (or earlier) for $15. If you purchased DiscLabel on or after February 1, 2009, the upgrade is free. Here are the steps:
- Select Purchase / Register / Upgrade... from the DiscLabel menu.
- Be sure your DiscLabel serial number is entered at the top. If you don't have your serial number, click the "Email My Serial #" button to have it sent to you.
- If you purchased DiscLabel on or after February 1, 2009, click "OK" when the program offers to check if you are eligible for a free upgrade. If you purchased before February 1, 2009, click the "Buy Now" button to purchase your 6.x upgrade.
Buy with Confidence
Smile is proud to offer a 90 day money-back guarantee. If you're not satisfied within 90 days of your purchase, we'll give you a refund at your request. We urge you to contact us first for technical support issues, as most are resolved quickly.
People are talking
"Wow! DiscLabel 6 looks great! We've enjoyed every version created over the years, and it has been great for all types of projects -- both home and professional. DiscLabel's templates and layouts, plus on-the-fly access to iTunes playlists, and other tools really let us streamline. Being able to customize labels and jacket inserts really personalizes in a meaningful (and fun!) way."
-Jason Bundy, N. California
DiscLabel 6.x is compatible with OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9 (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks). DiscLabel 6.x also requires a G4 or Intel processor. For G3, please download DiscLabel 5.4.2.
These versions require Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Find out more about LightScribe or find a LightScribe driver here.