San Francisco, CA - September 24, 2013 - Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, has released PDFpen® Scan+, a mobile scanning and OCR app, the latest addition to the PDFpen suite of apps.
With PDFpen Scan+, users scan documents, articles, receipts, and more, using the iPhone® or iPad® camera. Scans are cropped, sized to standard paper sizes, and visually enhanced for legibility. PDFpen Scan+ includes OCR (optical character recognition). Once OCR has been performed, the text in the scanned document can be copied for use in another document or email message, or the PDF can be exported with searchable text included.
PDFpen Scan+ enables users to import and export PDFs from popular cloud services, including Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive. Documents can also be stored in iCloud and accessed from any iOS device.
"We created PDFpen Scan+ with the mobile office in mind," said Smile founder, Philip Goward. "With the ability to scan and OCR, all you need is an iPhone or iPad to create a searchable PDF from any paper document. For mobile users, it's the perfect companion to PDFpen for iPad and iPhone."
PDFpen Scan+ is available for an introductory price of $4.99 on the App Store℠. It requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 6 or 7.
PDFpen Scan+ features:
- One-touch scanning directly from your iPhone or iPad camera
- Scan multiple images into a single document
- Detect page edges automatically and crop scans
- Use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to convert scans into searchable PDFs
- Copy text recognized by OCR
- Email and share PDF documents with embedded, searchable OCR text
- Import scans from your photo library
- Import scans from image and PDF files via "Open In..."
- Store documents in iCloud for sharing between devices
- Rotate scanned pages
- Enhance brightness/contrast of scanned pages
- Adjust scan resolution for color, grayscale, and text
- Print documents
- Share documents with PDFpen for markup and editing
- Import and Export documents using Dropbox, Evernote, Box, Alfresco, and Google Drive cloud services
- Import and Export documents using iTunes, FTP, and WebDAV
- Works with both iPhone and iPad, iOS 6 required
- an iOS device running iOS 6 or above
$4.99 (Introductory price)
Available on the App Store
Icon, logotype and screenshots
For more information about PDFpen Scan+ please visit:
# # #
Smile makes productivity software for OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors' Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor that won Macworld 2012 Best of Show; PDFpen for iPhone, winner of The Mac Observer's Editors' Choice Award; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool which also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for Mac OS X are available for free download at http://www.smilesoftware.com.
Smile. Software that's just right.
PDFpen, PDFpenPro, TextExpander and the Smile Logo are registered trademarks of Smile. DiscLabel is a trademark of Smile.
Mac, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Jean MacDonald (+1-503-226-6346, Pacific time)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, Pacific)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133
Jean MacDonald, Marketing/PR
Latest Press Releases
Read the latest news from Smile.
Product icons & screenshots for downloading
PR Email List
Sign up and we'll send you our press releases, usually 2-3 per month.
Follow Smile on Twitter.