Today we’re happy to announce that TextExpander for Windows is here! We’ve been busy over the past several months working on the public beta, and today TextExpander for Windows v1 is ready and available.
We want to give a big Thank You to all our beta testers. Your efforts and reporting have been an invaluable help. If you haven’t tried TextExpander for Windows, you can download the app from our downloads page.
Download for Windows
Learn all about TextExpander for Windows in our video, “TextExpander for Windows.”
How to set up TextExpander for Windows:
- Download TextExpander.
- Follow the on-screen directions to install.
- Sign in to the app with your TextExpander.com account. All your snippets will be available.
A few of the things you’ll notice coming from TextExpander for Mac:
- The app should look very familiar, with the same general layout of snippet list on the left and snippet editor on the right.
- You’ll note many of the same preferences and options, though the Mac-specific ones are missing. You will need to set up preferences and keyboard shortcuts for Windows as they will not sync from your Mac.
- Ctrl+/ is the search keyboard shortcut, which comes already set up.
- If you are a fan of using the icon in the Mac menu bar, you can find similar options in the icon in the Windows system tray.
- Perform any importing and exporting of snippet groups using the Import/Export tab on TextExpander.com.
If you’re interested in upgrading from an earlier version of TextExpander to the new TextExpander, which includes apps for Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone, you can do so by creating a TextExpander.com account, and following the onscreen directions.
Upgraders receive a lifetime discount of 50%, making TextExpander $1.66 / month ($20 / year) for a Life Hacker plan for individuals with annual billing. A TextExpander for Teams plan is $3.98 / user / month when billed annually for first 12 months.
If you’d just like to test it out, there is a 30 day free trial.