Smile, developer of the B2B SaaS productivity tool TextExpander, is looking to grow the team with the skills of a Web Designer.
As our web designer, you are passionate about delivering the best online customer experience possible and can execute a high-level vision all the way down to the last pixel. You have no fear of scripting and crave creative challenge. Geek out on optimizing our websites to delight and entice our customers and future customers.
You are very self-motivated and enjoy working on a remote team of smart, organized, reliable, honest, positive, and personable teammates.
Both geeky designers and design-loving geeks welcome!
- Maintain and improve Smile’s web sites on a daily basis
- Plan and execute updates to sites as product lineup and site content evolve
- Plan and execute site-wide redesigns on an irregular basis
- Plan and execute mobile-specific site improvements
- Maintain and improve Smile’s web-based and in-product stores
- Perform QA of sites with multiple browsers & operating systems
- A/B test product pages, landing pages, etc. focused on improving conversion performance
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams with design and execution of creatives for campaigns and promotions
- Independently manage projects, deadlines and work quality
- Quickly produce wide range of graphics for: ads, social media, emails, animated GIFs, print materials, web graphics, & email graphics consistent with company brand voice and message
- Web design and implementation experience
- Expert with WordPress 5, HTML5, CSS3, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with creating, editing, and deploying web graphics
- Excellent written communication skills
- Familiar with A/B Testing
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with little supervision
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
- Experience with SEO, PPC, Google Analytics, etc.
- Highly detail-oriented
- College education and/or previous relevant experience
- Graphic design background
- Experience with complete web site redesign and deployment
- Script development experience in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or other scripting language
- Familiarity with Smile products
- Loves SVG
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Remote Work
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (QSEHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely knit, geographically diverse company, with roots in the Mac community. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.