We at Smile are on a quest to take the “work” out of work. To do this we’re on the search for a self-motivated iOS Software Engineer to help delight our customers by crafting an amazing iOS experience for our PDFpen product.
Who you are:
You’re no stranger to building well-designed, performant and effective iOS applications. Our engineering team will rely on your technical expertise to take our iOS development to the next level.
You are able to manage your time well and can communicate and collaborate effectively. You’re comfortable working in a distributed environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally.
When a complex obstacle presents itself, you enjoy finding your way around it with maximum efficiency. In short, you’re a problem solver.
You’ve got a creative streak. You know what looks good and what doesn’t.
What you’ll do:
You will start by learning from our current team and offerings to become intimately familiar with our codebase. As you improve your understanding of our product family you will contribute by enhancing the iOS product experience, UI, capabilities, and performance to move it to the next level.
- Design and further develop our PDFpen experience on iPad and iPhone
- Work with QA to test and validate your work
- Participate in and receive peer code reviews
- Work with other departments (Support, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) to incorporate their feedback into the iOS experience
- 3+ years of practical experience writing iOS apps (macOS development is beneficial)
- Solid experience with Objective-C, Swift and Xcode
- UI/UX for iOS
- Experience building and debugging in a team development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, willingness to share with and learn from others
Tech needed for the job:
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
Skills needed to succeed at Smile:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with little supervision
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Highly detail-oriented
- Adaptable, able to learn and grow
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable (like us!)
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- macOS development
- PDF structure familiarity (PDF junkies welcome!)
- App Store deployment & payment techniques (Mac App Store a plus)
- Design and implementation of accessible products
- Remote work experience
- Experience with Git source control
- College education and/or previous relevant experience
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible, full-time schedule
- Work remotely
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely knit, geographically diverse company. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade.
At Smile, we embrace diversity. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.