PDFpen and PDFpenPro version 11.1 is available now for all users. Are you already using version 11? Updating is free and straightforward. From the PDFpen menu, choose “Check for Update.” Mac App Store versions will be available after the standard review period.
New in PDFpen 11.1:
- Improves ability to select and copy column and table data
- Adds automatic page rotation option for scans:
- Rotate and deskew scanned pages independently of OCR
- Rotate and deskew scanned pages when performing OCR
- Other fixes and improvements
Column and Table Data
This update improves column and table data recognition in documents, providing greater accuracy for selecting and copying data from a table’s columns or cells. To select and copy data from a table’s columns or cells:
- Use your mouse or trackpad to click and drag, or
- Hold down the Option key (⌥) and click and drag to select a section with more specificity
Sometimes a scanned document contains pages with different text orientations. This update also includes the ability to detect and automatically correct rotated pages, necessary for accurate OCR results. Allow PDFpen or PDFpenPro to detect and automatically correct rotated pages in the following ways:
- Choose Edit > Rotate & Deskew Page (hold down the Option key (⌥) to switch to Rotate & Deskew Document), or
- Under Preferences > OCR, check the option Rotate & deskew pages automatically when performing OCR
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later. For macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and earlier, see our website for compatible PDFpen versions. Demo versions are available on our site. Full versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are also available for purchase on Apple’s Mac App Store. PDFpen is also available via subscription from Setapp.
Are you currently a PDFpen or PDFpenPro customer, but not yet using version 11? Upgrading is easy. Download v11 to upgrade or purchase. “What’s new in PDFpen/Pro” and “Detailed release notes” lists the benefits of the latest version.
If you are a new PDFpen or PDFpenPro user, welcome to the PDFpen family! We are delighted to have you join us in your quest to greater productivity. We hope that PDFpen will add value to your paperless workflow.
Thank you for your support of PDFpen. As always, if you have any questions or comments, we want to hear from you.