We are thrilled to announce PDFpen and PDFpenPro 9, a major upgrade to our all-purpose PDF editor for Mac. We added over 100 enhancements, here’s just a taste:
- Enhanced: annotations and annotation print options, document navigation, Table of Contents navigation and, for Pro users, Table of Contents editing.
- Added: more export options, OCR layer removal, linking to other files, search-and-highlight, a hand tool, 2 new custom highlight colors, a “zoom to width” shortcut, and line numbering.
It’s only $30 to upgrade a single user license. Upgrade by downloading version 9 of PDFpen / PDFpenPro and following the onscreen directions, full details below. New user? Buy now from our store.Buy Now
See what all is new with version 9.
- Enhances Annotations navigation:
- Select multiple annotations
- Copy text of selected annotations
- Delete selected annotations
- Includes highlights in list
- Enhances Table of Contents editing (PDFpenPro only):
- Adds contextual menu
- Adds multiple selection support
- Combines Table of Contents entries when combining files
- Copy Table of Contents entries
- Adds export options:
- Export to JPEG, PNG, and 1-bit TIFF
- Export to flattened PDF
- Export in grayscale
- Export one TIFF file per page
- Export at 72, 200, 300, 600 dpi
- Adds horizontal OCR for Chinese, Japanese & Korean (PDFpenPro only)
- Supports removing OCR layer
- Create and open links to other files
- Adds initial support for forms which perform calculations
- Find & Highlight all instances of a search keyword
- Adds hand tool for navigation:
- Magnify using hand tool with Option / Command+Option
- Adds line numbering
- Adds two additional custom highlight colors
- Adds keyboard shortcut for ‘Zoom to Width’ ⌥⌘9
- Supports Print button in interactive forms
- Adds visual indicator when navigating Table of Contents
- Smoother navigation to Table of Contents entries
- Shows full text / tooltips when hovering over related items
- Shows resizing handles for items off page edge
- Shows current page and count in document title
- Print annotation list alone—great for highlights
- Improves font smoothing for better readability
- Over 100 other usability improvements
PDFpen retails for US $74.95, PDFpenPro for $124.95. Family Pack licenses, which cover up to five computers in one household, are $94.95 for PDFpen and $149.95 for PDFpenPro. Office Pack licenses start at $224.95 for PDFpen (5 users) and $349.95 for PDFpenPro (5 users).Buy Now
Upgrade Prices for Single User Licenses
PDFpen to PDFpen 9: US $30
PDFpenPro to PDFpenPro 9: US $30
PDFpen to PDFpenPro 9: US $50
Family and Office Pack upgrade pricing also available.
Free: If you purchased PDFpen / PDFpenPro, version 8 or earlier, after January 1, 2017, you can upgrade to the latest version at no charge. Start by downloading PDFpen or PDFpenPro 9, which will handle your free upgrade.
Mac App Store: Upgrade pricing is not supported on the Mac App Store. Version 9 will be on the Mac App Store after Apple’s review period. Upgrade to the direct purchase version for upgrade pricing by following the upgrade directions below.
How to Upgrade
- Download PDFpen or PDFpenPro 9 from our site.
- Launch v.9. It will notice your previous version and offer to check for a free upgrade. If your upgrade is… Free you’ll be prompted to enter your name and email address to get a version 9 license. Finished! Not free you can click on “Buy an upgrade license” for upgrade pricing. Go through the screens to purchase the US $30 single user license upgrade to version 9, or the US $50 upgrade to PDFpenPro 9 from PDFpen. Complete your purchase and PDFpen/PDFpenPro will register with your new license.