Available now, upgrade to PDFpen 8 to export PDFs to Microsoft® Word (.docx) format while offline, play and record audio annotations and much more. Upgrade for $30 by downloading the new version and following the onscreen directions, full details below.
Upgrade pricing is not available on the Mac App Store. Version 8 will be in the Mac App Store after Apple’s review period.
PDFpen 8 lets you preview file attachments and annotations, or extract and save them as separate files. You can also use the new measurement tool to find distances in a document, including scale within architectural documents.
To round out PDFpen’s PDF signing abilities, version 8 now let’s you apply digital signatures, as well as validate digitally signed documents. This adds to your current ability to sign with interactive signature fields, paste scanned signatures, and draw a signature with the scribble tool.
US $30 to upgrade.
Upgrades to PDFpenPro 8 from PDFpen are just US $50.
Free upgrades are available to those who purchased PDFpen on or after January 1, 2016.
How to Upgrade
- Download PDFpen or PDFpenPro 8 from our site.
- Launch v.8. It will notice your previous version and offer to check for a free upgrade.
- If your upgrade is…
- Free you’ll be prompted to enter your name and email address to get a version 8 license. Finished!
- Not free you can click on “Buy an upgrade license” for upgrade pricing.
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 8 require OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
What’s New in PDFpen 8:
- Export PDFs to Microsoft® Word (.docx) format much faster and with no need for Internet access
- Preview and extract file attachments and annotations
- Record and playback audio annotations
- Validate digital signatures for authenticity and trust of digitally signed documents
- Digitally sign documents using AATL or self-signed certificates
- Create a digital certificate for self-signing
- Measure distances with the measurement tool, including scale within architectural documents
What’s New in PDFpenPro 8:
- Export in Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx) offline
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files together
- Choose widget styles for radio buttons and checkboxes
- Rearrange tab order of form fields via sidebar drag and drop