Learn with our video tutorials. Search our Knowledge Base. Review our FAQ.
What’s New in PDFpen and PDFpenPro 12
Showcases some of the new features in the latest versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro
Highlight, Draw, Comment and More
Use PDFpen’s powerful PDF markup tools to revise and annotate PDF documents.
Watermarking, Precision Edit, Improved Colors and More
Watermarks, Add text feature for headers and footers, Library UI improvements, Line Art, Improved color palette
Improved Annotations, Exporting Annotations, Hand Tool and More
Enhanced annotations Better table of contents, Hand tool, Find and highlight text , Link to files, Perform calculations
- Getting started? Watch PDFpen in action on our Video Tutorials above.
- PDFpen comes with extensive Help documentation:
See the installation instructions here.
You can find directions on our Activation Help page
PDFpen or PDFpenPro 11 can only upgrade for free by downloading the direct-purchase version of PDFpen or PDFpenPro 12, not with the Mac App Store version. When you launch the downloaded app, you’ll be prompted to locate your previous version Mac App Store receipt file, as that can only be read with your permission. Once your receipt is verified, PDFpen or PDFpenPro 12 will offer to contact our server and issue you a license to the direct purchase version.
Yes, if you are the only user of those computers. If you have multiple computers used by more than one person in the same household, you can purchase a Family Pack license, which covers 5 computers in the same household. (Click here for more information.)
PDFpenPro has all the PDF editing features of PDFpen. PDFpenPro also has the ability to:
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents and bookmarks
- Convert websites into PDFs
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx) when offline, and to Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats with an Internet connection, must be a licensed user
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files together
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
- Send documents for signatures with DocuSign®
See the System Requirements to download the version of PDFpen which supports your OS version.
We stopped selling v.11 licenses when v.12 was released. A current version license of PDFpen v.12 gives you access to any previous version. Contact support for assistance on registering the version you want to use.
This license will also work in the future to register PDFpen v.12 should you update to it.
Yes, there is a 30% education discount. Please visit our education store for more details.
Smile submits applications for review by the Mac App Store on the day that they are released. Apple must approve the update, and has sole control over when they appear in the Mac App Store.
Learn more about and iCloud Drive on our blog
Have any other questions? Search our Knowledge Base for answers.
|macOS 11.0, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13 (Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 12|
|macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12 (Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11|
|macOS 10.14, 10.13, 10.12 (Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 10|
|macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 9|
|macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite)||
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 8
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 7
|Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, and 10.7 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 6|
|Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, and 10.6 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard)
Requires an 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo Mac.
|PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5|
|Intel Core Duo and Solo Macs on OS X 10.6||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5.7.2|
|Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.4 (Leopard, Tiger)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 4|