Learn with our video tutorials. Search our Knowledge Base. Review our FAQ.
PDFpen & PDFpenPro 9 What's New
Showcases some of the new features in the latest versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro
PDFpen 8: What's New
Learn about the new features of PDFpen 8 and how they can help you work smarter.
PDFpen Signatures and Signing Certificates
Learn how to add your signature to a document, and learn about digital signing certificates.
This video covers: highlighting, adding comments and notes, using the Library's proofreading marks, adding URL links, and print options.
This video covers: turning on iCloud storage and sync on iPad and iPhone, editing a PDF on Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and setting up a Dropbox sync folder.
This video covers: manipulating images by adding an image to a PDF page, moving, resizing, adjusting color, appling effects, and resampling.
OCR - Optical Character Recognition
This video covers:what OCR is, how to OCR, viewing OCR text layer, and copy and pasting OCR text.
Correct Text and Redact
This video covers: fixing typos with the Correct Text tool, keyword search with the Find tool, search and replace, redaction, redact and replace.
Export and Encrypt
This video covers: exporting PDF to Microsoft Word, page numbering, Bates numbering, saving with encryption and a password, saving to Evernote, and using AppleScript.
This video covers PDFpenPro only topics: creating forms with automatic form creation, text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, signature fields; creating a PDF from a web site; editing the text results of OCR; creating and editing a table of contents; setting a password and permissions; advanced exporting options.
- Getting started? Watch PDFpen in action on our Video Tutorials above.
- PDFpen comes with extensive Help documentation:
PDFpen or PDFpenPro 9 can only be upgraded for free by downloading the direct-purchase version of PDFpen or PDFpenPro 9, not with the Mac App Store version. When you launch the downloaded app, you'll be prompted to locate your PDFpen 8 Mac App Store receipt file, as that can only be read with your permission. Once your receipt is verified, PDFpen or PDFpenPro 9 will offer to contact our server and issue you a license to the direct purchase version.
Yes, if you are the only user of those computers. If you have multiple computers used by more than one person in the same household, you can purchase a Family Pack license, which covers 5 computers in the same household. (Click here for more information.)
PDFpenPro has all the PDF editing features of PDFpen. PDFpenPro also has the ability to:
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents
- Convert websites into PDFs
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx) when offline, and to Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats with an Internet connection, must be a licensed user
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files together
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
This license will also work in the future to register PDFpen v.9 should you update to it.
Smile submits applications for review by the Mac App Store on the day that they are released. Apple must approve the update, and has sole control over when they appear in the Mac App Store.
macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan)
macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite)
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, and 10.7
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, and 10.6
Intel Core Duo and Solo Macs on OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.4