Welcome to PDFpen & PDFpenPro 10
Thank you to all those who’ve sent in feedback over the years. We want to encourage you to continue to let us know what you want. We hope the following walk-through of version 10 shows that we take your feedback to heart.
Upgrade : Download version 10 and follow the screens to upgrade.
Cost : US $30 for a single license upgrade. Family and Office Pack upgrade pricing available. More details below.
Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2018.
US $50 to upgrade to PDFpenPro 10 from a previous PDFpen version.
Here’s What’s New
You asked, we responded. Now you can watermark your documents. Far beyond the Imprint All Pages script, with watermarks you can pick an image or text box, rotate it 45° or 90° degrees, and make it semi-transparent before putting it on every page, or just odd-numbered pages, you pick. Watermarks appear behind any text already in the document.
New Precision Edit Tool
Previously un-selectable objects, such as line art and logos, are now selectable with the Precision Edit Tool. Activate it with a double-click of the Edit tool, second from the left on the editing bar. Select images or blocks of text line by line to move, resize or delete.
Move and Resize Images Inline
Using the Precision Edit tool keep document ﬁle sizes the same. Select and move images and keep them unchanged, or resize or delete.
Headers and Footers
Add headers and footers to your document. Found in Edit > Header, Footer, Page Number, you can customize the position and alignment on the page, pick the font, and customize the page range.
Increased Size for Library Items
Get a better view of your smaller Library items with the new Magnify button
increase or decrease the size of your Library items.
Improved Color Selection
The color palette now matches what’s in PDFpen for iPad & iPhone. This means more colors for drawing and writing.
OCR as many documents as you want, all at the same time. File > OCR Files opens the OCR Files window where you can add a batch of documents to be OCRed, check on their progress, and add more as needed. All this can run in the background as you continue working in PDFpenPro or other apps.
New Features List
- Adds watermarks
- Insert Headers & Footers
- OCR multiple documents in batch (PDFpenPro only)
- New Precision Edit tool selects, moves, resizes and deletes line art and text
- Improves move & resize of images
- Enhances page number styling
- Adds larger Library item view
- Prettier drawing colors
- Adds context menu options
- Various improvements and fixes
- PDFpen to PDFpen 10: US $30
- PDFpenPro to PDFpenPro 10: US $30
- PDFpen to PDFpenPro 10: US $50
Posted pricing is for single user license upgrades. Upgrade pricing is not available in the Mac App Store. If you have the Mac App Store version you can upgrade for the upgrade price to the Smile store version using the upgrade steps below.
How to Upgrade
- Download PDFpen or PDFpenPro 10 from our site.
- Launch v.10. It will notice your previous version and offer to check for a free upgrade.
- If your upgrade is…
- Free you'll be prompted to enter your name and email address to get a version 10 license. Finished!
- Not free you can click on "Buy an upgrade license" for upgrade pricing.
- Go through the screens to purchase the US $30 single user upgrade to PDFpen 10, or the US $50 single user upgrade to PDFpenPro 10 from PDFpen.
- Complete your purchase and PDFpen/PDFpenPro will register with your new license.
Family and Office Pack upgrade pricing also available.
Free: If you purchased PDFpen / PDFpenPro, version 9 or earlier, after January 1, 2018, you can upgrade to the latest version at no charge. Start by downloading PDFpen or PDFpenPro 10, which will handle your free upgrade.