PDFpenPro 10 Adds Batch OCR
San Francisco, CA – April 10, 2018 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for Mac®, iPhone® and iPad®, launches PDFpen and PDFpenPro 10.0, a new major version of its all-purpose PDF editing tool for Mac. Version 10 introduces watermarks, headers & footers, and for Pro users, batch OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
Add text and image watermarks with opacity and rotation controls, as well as custom page range options. Use watermarks to identify draft or confidential in-house documents, assert copyright, or clarify intended distribution.
Apply header and footer text with options for customizing page position, font, and page range.
PDFpenPro 10 offers batch OCR for turning multiple scans into searchable documents all at once.
The new Precision Edit tool in PDFpen and PDFpenPro 10 adds selection options and supports moving, resizing, and deleting line art and text blocks. This new tool maintains or decreases file size when moving, resizing and deleting images.
PDFpen 10 includes several additional improvements, including a larger view option for Library items, vibrant drawing colors, and more context menu actions.
“It’s always exciting to deliver features your customers have asked for,” said Philip Goward, Smile founder. “And with version 10 offering watermarks, headers & footers, and batch OCR just to name a few, we have done just that.”
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 10 work with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone version 3, allowing seamless editing across devices when used with Dropbox or iCloud.
PDFpen retails for US $74.95, PDFpenPro for $124.95. Family Pack licenses, which cover up to five computers in one household, are $94.95 for PDFpen and $149.95 for PDFpenPro. Office Pack licenses start at $224.95 for PDFpen (5 users) and $349.95 for PDFpenPro (5 users).
Upgrades from earlier single user versions of either application are US $30, and free to users who purchased on or after January 1, 2018. Upgrades from any previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 10 are $50. Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs is found in our web store: https://smle.us/store
PDFpen 10 and PDFpenPro 10 require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and work great on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). For macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and earlier, see our website for compatible PDFpen versions. Demo versions are available at https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/download. Full versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are also available for purchase on Apple’s Mac App Store.
What’s New in PDFpen 10:
- Adds watermarks
- Insert Headers & Footers
- OCR multiple documents in batch (PDFpenPro only)
- New Precision Edit tool selects, moves, resizes and deletes line art and text
- Improves move & resize of images
- Enhances page number styling
- Adds larger Library item view
- Prettier drawing colors
- Adds context menu options
- Various improvements and fixes
Features Specific to PDFpenPro:
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx, .xls), Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats (requires Internet connection for .pptx and PDF/A, must be a licensed user)
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents
- Convert websites into PDFs
- OCR multiple documents in batch
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files together
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out interactive PDF forms and sign them
- Redact or erase text, including OCR text
- Search and replace, search and redact, and search and highlight text
- Export in Microsoft® Word format, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and flat PDF
- Scan directly from Image Capture or TWAIN scanners
- Perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on scanned documents
- View OCR layer for proofing OCR text from scanned pages, or remove OCR layer
- Edit original images, including adjusting resolution, color depth and contrast, skew, and size of an image or scanned document
- Sign PDF forms via drawing, interactive signature fields, or AATL or self-signed certificates
- Insert and remove pages; re-order pages in a PDF with drag & drop; combine PDFs maintaining Table of Contents entries
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Save PDFs directly to Evernote
- Preview and extract file attachments and annotations
- Record and playback audio annotations
- Copy and paste rich text; retain fonts and formatting when copying from PDFs, including columns
- Context-sensitive popup-menus enable quick edits
- Add notes and comments, print annotation summary with or without the original text
- Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text in the Library; sync Library items with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone via iCloud
- Add page numbers, bookmarks, headers and footers, line numbers and watermarks
- Apply business-related and Sign Here stamps via the Library
- Password protect a document with up to 256-bit AES encryption
- Available in English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, and Spanish
Requirements: macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
PDFpen Pricing: US $74.95 Family Pack: $94.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at $224.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpen: $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2018; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
PDFpenPro Pricing: US $124.95 Family Pack: $149.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at $349.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpenPro: $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenproup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2018; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
Single user upgrade from the previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 10: $50
Site licenses: PDFpen $1249.95, PDFpenPro $1624.95 Site license terms: Single contact for support; single physical address or company with fewer than 1,000 employees. Visit our site license store: https://smilesoftware.com/sitelicense
For more information about PDFpen, please visit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/
Press Kit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/presskit
ABOUT SMILE Smile makes clever software for efficient people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; and PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of scanning and OCR to your iPad and iPhone.
Demos of all Smile desktop products are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmileSoftware