July 9, 2019 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for Mac®, iPhone® and iPad®, has released PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11.1, an update to its all-purpose PDF editing tool for Mac. Version 11.1 improves column and table data selection and adds automatic page rotation options for scans.
Version 11.1 improves column and table data recognition in documents, providing greater accuracy for selecting and copying data from a table’s columns or cells.
Rotated pages in scanned documents can be detected and automatically corrected for more accurate OCR results.
“In paperless workflows, the ability to reliably extract data, or quickly correct page orientation in scans adds tremendous value and improves efficiency. Version 11.1 now makes selecting and copying column and table data much easier,” said Philip Goward, Smile founder. “Also, we’re excited to add automatic page rotation options for scans. Double your productivity and let PDFpen detect and correct rotated and skewed pages for you!”
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 work with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone version 4, allowing seamless editing across devices when used with Dropbox or iCloud.
PDFpen retails for US $74.95, PDFpenPro for US $124.95. Family Pack licenses, which cover up to five computers in one household, are US $94.95 for PDFpen and US $149.95 for PDFpenPro. Office Pack licenses start at US $224.95 for PDFpen (5 users) and US $349.95 for PDFpenPro (5 users).
Upgrades from earlier single-user versions of either application are US $30, and free for users who purchased on or after January 1, 2019. Upgrades from any previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 11 are US $50. Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs available in our web store: https://smle.us/store
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later. For macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and earlier, see our website for compatible PDFpen versions. Demo versions are available on our site. Full versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are also available for purchase on Apple’s Mac App Store. PDFpen is also available via subscription from Setapp.
What’s New in PDFpen 11.1:
- Improves ability to select and copy column and table data
- Adds automatic page rotation option for scans:
- Rotate and deskew scanned pages independently of OCR
- Rotate and deskew scanned pages when performing OCR
- Other fixes and improvements
Features Specific to PDFpenPro:
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx, .xls), Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats (requires Internet connection for .pptx and PDF/A, must be a licensed user)
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents
- Convert websites into PDFs
- OCR multiple documents in batch
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out interactive PDF forms and sign them
- Redact or erase text, including OCR text
- Search and replace, search and redact, and search and highlight text
- Export in Microsoft® Word format, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and flat PDF
- Scan directly from Image Capture or TWAIN scanners
- Perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on scanned documents
- View OCR layer for proofing OCR text from scanned pages, or remove OCR layer
- Edit original images, including adjusting resolution, color depth and contrast, skew, and size of an image or scanned document
- Sign PDF forms via drawing, interactive signature fields, or AATL or self-signed certificates
- Insert and remove pages; reorder pages in a PDF with drag & drop; combine PDFs maintaining Table of Contents entries
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Save PDFs directly to Evernote
- Preview and extract file attachments and annotations
- Record and playback audio annotations
- Copy and paste rich text; retain fonts and formatting when copying from PDFs, including columns
- Context-sensitive popup-menus enable quick edits
- Add notes and comments, print annotation summary with or without the original text
- Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text in the Library; sync Library items with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone via iCloud
- Add page numbers, bookmarks, headers and footers, line numbers and watermarks
- Apply business-related and Sign Here stamps via the Library
- Password protect a document with up to 256-bit AES encryption
- Available in English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, and Spanish
Requirements: macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
PDFpen Pricing: US $74.95 Family Pack: US $94.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at US $224.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpen: US $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2019; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
PDFpenPro Pricing: US $124.95 Family Pack: US $149.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at US $349.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpenPro: US $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenproup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2019; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
Single user upgrade from the previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 11: US $50
Site licenses: PDFpen US $1249.95, PDFpenPro US $1624.95 Site license terms: Single contact for support; single physical address or company with fewer than 1,000 employees. Visit our site license store: https://smilesoftware.com/sitelicense
For more information about PDFpen, please visit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/
Press Kit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/presskit
Smile makes clever software for efficient people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; and PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of scanning and OCR to your iPad and iPhone.
Demos of all Smile desktop products are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmileSoftware
Angel Vu (+1-510-982-1468, EST) PR, Smile E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST) Founder, Smile E-mail: email@example.com
Philip Goward Founder, Smile E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Smile PMB 278 350 Bay St., Suite 100 San Francisco, CA 94133 +1-510-289-4000