San Francisco, CA – May 16, 2019 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for Mac®, iPhone® and iPad®, launches PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11, a new major version of its all-purpose PDF editing tool for Mac. Version 11 introduces split view, a new Font Bar, Continuity Camera support, and for Pro users, enhancements to interactive form creation and editing.
Split view mode quickly and simultaneously shows different parts of a document. Partition your window horizontally or vertically, scroll to reference another page while editing.
The new Font Bar enables convenient font selection, styling, and justification for new and selected text.
Continuity Camera adds scanning options for users running macOS Mojave and iOS 12. Effortlessly scan documents and images into PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 on your Mac right from your iPhone or iPad.
PDFpenPro 11 users can select and edit multiple form fields at once. Table of Contents text now wraps, simplifying navigation and editing.
PDFpen 11 includes many additional improvements, including the ability to add multiple items as one to the Library, specify margin positioning for page numbers, and turn position guides on and off.
“Customers’ needs are our top priority, and we are delighted to deliver an even more robust and powerful feature set,” said Philip Goward, Smile founder. “PDFpen’s new features such as split view, the Font Bar, and Continuity Camera support, among many other improvements, follow through on that goal.”
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 work with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone version 4, allowing seamless editing across devices when used with Dropbox or iCloud.
PDFpen retails for US $74.95, PDFpenPro for $124.95. Family Pack licenses, which cover up to five computers in one household, are $94.95 for PDFpen and $149.95 for PDFpenPro. Office Pack licenses start at $224.95 for PDFpen (5 users) and $349.95 for PDFpenPro (5 users).
Upgrades from earlier single-user versions of either application are US $30, and free for users who purchased on or after January 1, 2019. Upgrades from any previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 11 are US $50. Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs available in our web store: https://smle.us/store
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11 require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later. For macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and earlier, see our website for compatible PDFpen versions. Demo versions are available on our site. Full versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are also available for purchase on Apple’s Mac App Store. PDFpen is also available via subscription from Setapp.
What’s New in PDFpen 11:
- Split-view mode for editing
- New Font Bar for expressive font control
- Import scans from Continuity Camera
- Customize page-number locations
- Add multiple items to the Library at once
- Adds option to turn off guides
- Adds Medical/Legal dictionaries for OCR (English language)
Features Specific to PDFpenPro:
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx, .xls), Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats (requires Internet connection for .pptx and PDF/A, must be a licensed user)
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents
- Convert websites into PDFs
- OCR multiple documents in batch
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out interactive PDF forms and sign them
- Redact or erase text, including OCR text
- Search and replace, search and redact, and search and highlight text
- Export in Microsoft® Word format, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and flat PDF
- Scan directly from Image Capture or TWAIN scanners
- Perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on scanned documents
- View OCR layer for proofing OCR text from scanned pages, or remove OCR layer
- Edit original images, including adjusting resolution, color depth and contrast, skew, and size of an image or scanned document
- Sign PDF forms via drawing, interactive signature fields, or AATL or self-signed certificates
- Insert and remove pages; reorder pages in a PDF with drag & drop; combine PDFs maintaining Table of Contents entries
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Save PDFs directly to Evernote
- Preview and extract file attachments and annotations
- Record and playback audio annotations
- Copy and paste rich text; retain fonts and formatting when copying from PDFs, including columns
- Context-sensitive popup-menus enable quick edits
- Add notes and comments, print annotation summary with or without the original text
- Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text in the Library; sync Library items with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone via iCloud
- Add page numbers, bookmarks, headers and footers, line numbers and watermarks
- Apply business-related and Sign Here stamps via the Library
- Password protect a document with up to 256-bit AES encryption
- Available in English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, and Spanish
Requirements: macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
PDFpen Pricing: US $74.95 Family Pack: $94.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at $224.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpen: $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2019; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
PDFpenPro Pricing: US $124.95 Family Pack: $149.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household) Office Pack: starts at $349.95 for 5 users Single user upgrade from earlier versions of PDFpenPro: $30 Upgrade pricing for Family Packs and Office Packs: https://smle.us/pdfpenproup (Free upgrades for purchases made on or after January 1, 2019; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store)
Single user upgrade from the previous version of PDFpen to PDFpenPro 11: $50
Site licenses: PDFpen $1249.95, PDFpenPro $1624.95 Site license terms: Single contact for support; single physical address or company with fewer than 1,000 employees. Visit our site license store: https://smilesoftware.com/sitelicense
For more information about PDFpen, please visit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/
Press Kit: https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/presskit
Smile makes clever software for efficient people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; and PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of scanning and OCR to your iPad and iPhone.
Demos of all Smile desktop products are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmileSoftware
Angel Vu (+1-510-982-1468, EST)
Smile E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
Smile E-mail: email@example.com
Smile E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
278 350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133