FOR RELEASE APRIL 25, 2012 (ANY TIME)
San Francisco, CA – April 25, 2012 – Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, has released PDFpen for iPad 1.1. The app has been optimized to take advantage of the high-resolution Retina display of the third-generation iPad.
The update allows users to create folders with their PDF documents and to rotate PDF pages.
The introductory price of PDFpen for iPad is $9.99. The price will go up to $14.99 on May 1, 2012.
In conjunction with the release of PDFpen for iPad 1.1, Smile has released PDFpen 5.8 with iCloud folder support, so that folders can be seamlessly shared between Mac and iPad. Smile also released PDFpen Cloud Access 1.1, the utility available on the Mac App Store that provides iCloud access to users who purchased PDFpen directly from Smile.
PDFpen Cloud Access 1.1 is 99 cents and available only on the Mac App Store. PDFpen is $59.95; PDFpenPro is $99.95. Version 5.8 is a free update to registered users of PDFpen 5 and PDFpenPro 5.
What’s new in PDFpen for iPad 1.1:
– Optimized for Retina display
– Organize documents using folders
– Rotate pages
What’s new in PDFpen 5.8:
– iCloud folders support:
– Move documents to iCloud via drag and drop
– Remove documents from iCloud to local management via drag and drop
– View contents of folders on iCloud
– Create new folders on iCloud via drag and drop
– Move documents to different folders on iCloud via drag and drop
– Rename folders on iCloud
– Fixes some OCR issues
– Drops support for 32 bit Intel processors due to adoption of Apple’s new ARC memory management
– Other minor fixes and improvements
PDFpen for iPad features:
– Read and edit PDF documents on your iPad
– Store documents in iCloud for sharing between devices
– Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
– Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
– Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
– Import images from iPad Photo Library
– Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
– Fill out PDF forms
– Add notes, comments, and freehand scribbles
– Draw lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses and polygons
– Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough; proofreading symbol collection included
– Copy, combine, rename and delete files
– Thumbnail view sidebar for easy skimming
– Email PDF files
– Retrieve and save PDFs directly with Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs; share PDFs with a computer via Wi-Fi; transfer files using iTunes, FTP, WebDAV, and iDisk.
– an iPad running iOS 5 is required for PDFpen for iPad
– PDFpen Cloud Access 1.1 requires OS X 10.7.3 or above.
– PDFpen 5.8 and PDFpenPro 5.8 require OS X 10.6 or above and a 64-bit Intel processor; OS X 10.7.3 or later is required for iCloud folders support.
Pricing – PDFpen for iPad
Special introductory price: $9.99 (expires May 1, 2012)
Regular price: $14.99 (after May 1, 2012)
Available on the iTunes App Store
Screenshots, product icons, company logo:
For more information about PDFpen for iPad, please visit:
# # #
Smile makes productivity software for Mac OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for Mac OS X are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Jean MacDonald (+1-503-226-6346, PST)
Partner, Marketing/PR, Smile
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
Smile PMB 278 350 Bay St., Suite 100 San Francisco, CA 94133 +1-510-289-4000
PDFpen, PDFpenPro, and TextExpander are registered trademarks of SmileOnMyMac, LLC dba Smile. The Smile Logo and DiscLabel are trademarks of Smile.