San Francisco, CA – November 1, 2016 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for iPad, iPhone, Mac, and Windows has released an update for TextExpander for iPhone & iPad, the mobile version of the popular typing shortcut tool. Version 4.2 adds snippet keys, a way to expand snippets using a dedicated key on the TextExpander keyboard.
Snippet keys allow users to assign a snippet its own key for triggering expansion from the TextExpander keyboard. Instead of typing an abbreviation to expand a snippet, tap a single key.
TextExpander for iPhone & iPad works seamlessly with TextExpander for Mac and the TextExpander for Windows beta, keeping your snippets current on all your devices. It also lets you easily share and manage snippets across whole teams.
“Our goal with TextExpander is for users to spend less of their time on typing, and more on communicating,” said Smile founder, Greg Scown, “With one touch snippet expansion from snippet keys, we’re proud to be able to give that to our users.”
TextExpander is as little as US $3.33 per month for individuals on the Life Hacker plan. Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount. TextExpander is $7.96 per user per month for the Team plan which offers more robust snippet and user management and statistics. TextExpander for Mac requires a macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. TextExpander for Windows requires Windows 7 or later. TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires iOS 9 or later.
What’s New inTextExpander for iPhone & iPad v4.2:
- Adds Snippet Keys to keyboard for quick access to snippets
- Fixes split view on 12″ iPad Pro
- Other fixes and improvements
– Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text
– Works in all apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Insert today’s date with the short abbreviation “ddate”
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Use multiple snippet groups
– Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
– Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
– Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
– TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later
– TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later
US $3.33 / month for a Life Hacker plan for individuals.
US $7.96 / user / month for a Team plan.
Monthly pricing available.
Previous version TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount on a Life Hacker plan.
3 months free on a Life Hacker plan for users who purchased after December 1, 2015.
Press Kit: Icon, logotype, screenshots, description
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile makes clever software for efficient people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; and PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of scanning and OCR to your iPad and iPhone.
Sign up for a free TextExpander trial at https://textexpander.com.
Demos of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter:
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133