San Francisco, CA – October 12, 2016 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone, has released an update for TextExpander for Mac, the popular typing shortcut tool. Version 6.1 adds Portuguese localization as well as the ability to use fill-in snippets with Apple’s Dictation.
Preview a snippet before expansion using the new Preview button in the snippet editor. The snippet editor also has improved drag and drop support.
TextExpander for Mac works seamlessly with the TextExpander for Windows beta and TextExpander for iPhone & iPad, keeping your snippets current on all your devices. You can also share and manage snippets across whole teams with TextExpander.com.
“We’re thrilled to add Portuguese to the ranks of Romance languages supported in TextExpander,” said Smile founder, Greg Scown, “After adding Japanese and Russian, we felt this was a good time to expand our supported languages.”
TextExpander is as little as US $3.33 per month for individuals on the Life Hacker plan. Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount. TextExpander is $7.96 per user per month for the Team plan which offers more robust snippet and user management and statistics. TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later. TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later.
What’s New in TextExpander for Mac v6.1:
– Adds Portuguese support
– Adds dictation support for fill-in fields
– Adds preview button to snippet editor
– Improves drag & drop support for snippet editor
– Other fixes and improvements
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Integrated TextExpander account and Apps
– Share snippets easily with coworkers and friends and set their permissions
– Manage sharing across your team easily with a TextExpander Organization
– Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
– Print snippets by group
– Mac version available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later
– TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later
US $40 / year for a Life Hacker plan for individuals. Monthly pricing available.
US $7.96 / user / month for a Team plan. Monthly pricing available.
Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount on a Life Hacker plan.
3 months free on a Life Hacker plan for users who purchased after December 1, 2015.
Press Kit: Icon, logotype, screenshots, description
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile makes clever software for efficient people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; and PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of scanning and OCR to your iPad and iPhone.
Sign up for a free TextExpander trial at https://textexpander.com.
Demos of PDFpen and PDFpenPro are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter:
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133