We love podcasts (mostly while commuting, or cooking dinner, or eating breakfast. Maybe while exercising? When do you consume podcasts, we wanna know?)
Such an entertaining, informative, and helpful part of the Mac community, we seek out new podcasts to listen to all the time. Sometimes we like them so much we sponsor them, as with all of the following.
If you’re in the mood to hear geeks of varying Mac stripes geek out, give these a listen.
PS. You do not have to be a geek to listen, but it helps to like your Apple hardware. In fact, all you really have to do is enjoy the show’s hosts. We’ll tell you who they are.
- Back to Work, over at the 5by5 network, is hosted by Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin. Hear them talk (and talk and talk) about life, work, and everything, from the point of view of Mac productivity nerds.
- Bits Und So, our only German podcast, is hosted by Timo Hetzel and crew. They even have an iPhone app to make listening easier.
- Connected, over at Relay.fm, is hosted by Federico Viticci, Myke Hurley, and Stephen Hackett. The Italian, British, and American hosts offer their uniquely international views of the Apple universe with earnestness and good humor.
- Core Intuition is a favorite of a couple of the Smile Team. Hosts Daniel Jalkut and Manton Reece discuss the indie side of Apple’s various toys.
- The iMore Show, over at iMore, offers Apple gadget commentary from a panel of hosts, Rene Ritchie, Serenity Caldwell, Peter Cohen, and their guest of the week.
- The iOS Show is hosted by Michael Johnston, Adam Christianson (also of MacCast), and Jeff Gamet (Managing Editor at The Mac Observer). Listen to pro-tips and reviews of all your mobile Apples.
- MacCast is one of the longest running and most respected Mac podcasts. Host Adam Christianson keeps it fresh each show with Apple news, tips, and reviews.
- Mac Geek Gab, over at The Mac Observer, has the answers to your Mac questions. Hosts Dave Hamilton and John F. Braun answer listener questions, and offer new and useful nuggets each week.
- Mac Power Users just moved to Relay.fm, and is hosted by Katie Floyd, attorney, and David Sparks, also an attorney. But it’s not about law, just Mac geekery. If you want a podcast to explain how to get stuff done, this is for you. Warning: after they’re done explaining the best way to use the app of the day in your workflow, you will want to buy it.
- Puromac, our only Spanish language podcast, is over at the 5by5 network. Hosts Federico Hatoum and Flavio Guinsburg talk Apple-tini with a twist… one’s a former Windows guy.
- Rocket, over at Relay.fm, is our only all ladies hosted podcast. Hosts Christina Warren, Brianna Wu and Simone de Rochefort talk comics, games, tech… you know, geek fun.
- Systematic moved to esn.fm not too long ago, and is hosted by digital tinkerer Brett Terpstra. (He’s also a huge TextExpander fan and has the snippet collection to prove it.) Listen to him interview interesting people armed with their top three picks of… something that interests them.
- Upgrade, over at Relay.fm, covers tech, all tech, and Apple tech, with the occasional detour. Jason Snell, former editor of Macworld magazine, continues to share his wealth of knowledge and insight into the Apple universe along with co-host Myke Hurley.
If you’ve heard an amazing podcast and want to share, we’re all ears.